Classic Fluorometer USB Standard 50m
- Chlorophyll fluorometer for plant physiology and chlorophyll content studies
- Fluorescence sensor with cable located at base of unit
- Waterproof to 50m/164ft
- Measures variable fluorescence of photosystem II
- Returns Fo, Fm and Fv/Fm values
- Calculates relative chlorophyll index that correlates with chlorophyll concentration
- Measures temperature in sensor
- Flexible and uncluttered software is easy to use
- User manual and software supplied
- USB connection to PC
Classic Fluorometer Standard 50m Fluorescence Sensor
- Fully waterproof sensor for field applications,
- Powered from battery or mains,
- Repeated measurements are possible when attached to PC or datalogger,
- Easy-to-use software with an uncluttered interface,
- Extensive programmable capacity in software for advanced users,
- Can be used in the field (Pelican or similar waterproof case for netbook and interface box recommended!).
The Classic Fluorometer USB Standard 50m is designed for ease of handling, with the cable extending from the base of the sensor. The sensor is waterproof to 50m/164ft depth. In combination with the optional light pipe assembly and the Submersible Datalogger, this sensor can be used in underwater applications where a robust and waterproof design is required. The sensor enables convenient measurement of wet material including aquatic plants, algae and wet leaves. The small size of the fluorometer (1.8″diameter, 2.7″ long), and its 12-24V capability makes it easy to use in the field. On commencing measurements, one establishes a suitable gain setting with a sample leaf and a zero offset value in air or water. Chlorophyll-containing samples are then simply placed over the sampling window for single or repeated measurements. An optional clear light pipe extension enables measurement of samples 0.5m from the sensor; this is particularly useful for long term measurements where shading of the sample must be avoided.
The Classic Fluorometer USB Standard 50m is designed to be operated underwater or in the field with the Submersible Datalogger. The light pipe extension and sample holder enable continuous monitoring of a leaf, coral or alga for extended intervals where the shutter is not required.
Classic Fluorometer Standard 50m Fluorescence Sensor with light pipe extension, sample holder and Submersible Datalogger
The Classic Fluorometer USB Standard 50m can also be operated from a PC (Windows XP and later) via a standard USB cable. Both the power supply and computer are connected to the interface enclosure. A water resistant cable runs from this enclosure to the fluorescence sensor. All items are contained in a lightweight carry case that is small enough to fit in a shoulder bag. The optimal maximum length of the cable to the sensor is 20 m; for measurements to be made in deeper water please see our Classic Submersible Fluorometer Systems.
AquationDirect is the proprietary software used to communicate with the fluorometer. The simple uncluttered approach hides features when they are not required, providing a more enjoyable user experience. There are three levels of control. “Profile” defines settings for each measurement (measuring light intensity, saturating pulse intensity etc.). “Program” defines a sequence of yield measurements, actinic treatments and far-red light treatments. The intensity and duration of each light can be defined. A Light Curve and Recovery Curve generator provides flexible generation of curves with user defined actinic intensities and durations. Even reverse light curves can be defined if required. “Schedule” simply schedules a series of Programs, where one may wish to run different programs during the early morning program, midday, afternoon and night time.
- Unit of measure: relative fluorescence units
- Range: 0-4000
- Automatic ranging and autozero functions
- Relative chlorophyll index (function of gain and Fo)
- Temperature in ºC
- Light sources: 470nm LED (excitation), white (saturation and actinic), 735 nm (far red)
- Sensor housing: acetal, stainless steel 306
- Interface enclosure: strengthened aluminium
- Maximum immersion depth of sensor: 50m/164ft depth
- Weight: Sensor and cable ~300g/10.5oz
- Dimensions: Interface 5″x2.5″x1.2″; Sensor 1.8″diameter, 2.7″ long
- Voltage: 110-240V 50-60Hz, 12-24VDC
Please use the Contact Form to make further enquiries.