Aquation Pty Ltd designs and manufactures innovative environment monitoring equipment for both on-land and underwater applications. We measure and interpret chlorophyll fluorescence and develop systems for water quality monitoring.
Photosynthetic performance can be easily measured with chlorophyll fluorescence and gas exchange techniques. Aquation’s product range includes:
- Shutter Fluorometer: a unique automated dark-acclimation function
- Classic Submersible Fluorometer: multiple sensors measure effective quantum yield
- Classic Fluorometer: a PC-operated PAM system for bench and field use
- Submersible Respirometer System: dissolved oxygen indicate rates of photosynthesis and respiration
- Submersible Light Logger: underwater irradiance with our miniature spherical sensor
- Leaf Absorptance Meter: leaf absorptance for ETR calculations
Water quality monitoring solutions:
- Water Quality Monitoring Systems: e.g. temp., EC, DO, turbidity, Chl-a, phycocyanin/phycoerythrin, etc; plus telemetry, solar power
Applications of Aquation fluorometers include the assessment of photosynthetic efficiency of plants or algae within both commercial and research contexts.
- Broadacre crops, e.g. wheat and cotton (in situ phenotyping and comparison of cultivar performance; examination of heat stress and water stress responses)
- Horticulture and Viticulture (identification of optimal photosynthetic efficiency of commercial species)
- Coral (e.g. bleaching events; effects of ocean acidification)
- Seagrasses (environmental studies including responses to sedimentation and petrochemicals)
- Macroalgae (environmental studies including responses to irradiance, and stress induced by heavy metals, salinity, ocean acidification)
- Unicellular algae (determining cell density and photosynthetic efficiency in culturing facilities; also used to estimate presence of blue-green algae)
When used in the field, fluorescence sensors can be connected to Aquation’s self-contained data loggers, either the rugged Submersible Datalogger or the non-submersible Portable Datalogger. These dataloggers can be configured to accept and log data from other proprietary sensors. Self-power and telemetered options are available.
Video: Coral Monitoring. Shutter Fluorometer measuring effective quantum yield of coral. Demonstration program repeats close/measure/open cycle. Fluorometer takes measurement of yield, temperature and ambient PAR when closed. Waidroka, Fiji.
Video: Algae monitoring. Shutter Fluorometer, Central Coast, NSW.
Video: Seagrass monitoring. Multi-channel Shutter Fluorometer in action, Panarea, Italy
Aquation also designs and manufactures systems to assess water quality and environmental health. Our approach is to combine off-the-shelf technology with our custom-designed sensors and systems to meet specific needs. Recognising the benefits of wireless communication, we have designed a flexible platform able to receive standard or custom sensors that is directly linked to the internet. Solar power or battery packs are employed for remote applications.
Aquation’s fluorometry system has been used in the world’s coldest waters, and at depths where photosynthesis is only barely supported by sunlight.
Aquation Pty Ltd and its products are 100% Australian.
Contact us today – email@example.com